Calendar, Rates and Reservations
You may reserve directly with the Dog & Pony Ranch using our online Quote Calculator, then scroll down below the quote for brief reservation request form and complete with PayPal payment, OR book via VRBO or Airbnb if you prefer. Booking directly with us on DogPony.com will ALWAYS be the lowest cost with the most options.
Contact Cyndi at owner@DogPony.com or 408-471-8757 with any questions!
Rental Rates & Features
|Weekend / Holiday Nights||$269||$319|
|Weekly (7 nights)||$1,399||$1,599|
(beyond 2 people)
(up to 4)
(up to 6)
|Listing Sites (add service fees)||Airbnb||VRBO|
||No charge for dogs! (unless damages) See horses page for those fees.|
|Beds||2 (K + Q)||3 (K + Q + Full)|
|Outdoor space||Private side yard, shared front yard/lawn and 60 acres of outdoor features (note: does NOT include use of big backyard)||Quarters Plus...|
large backyard including fire pit, shared with owners and their friendly dog
|Common Rooms||Rec Room with kitchenette||Quarters Plus...
Great Room with Loft & Dining
|Fireplaces||Propane in master and front porch||Quarters Plus...
Wood burning Great Room fireplace
|Indoor Games||Ping pong, foosball, darts, a few smaller games/cards||Quarters Plus...
More cards, puzzles, board games in loft
|Entertainment||46" TV with satellite & Netflix||Quarters Plus...
58" TV with satellite / DVD / Netflix and blue tooth surround sound
|Internet/work||WiFi||WiFi plus guest PC and desk (in Great Room)|
Hosted vs Private Rentals -- you are the ONLY GUESTS with either option
We relocated to our vacation home in 2016 after almost 2 decades of developing the Dog & Pony Ranch from 60 raw acres! The good news for guests is we will continue to offer vacation rentals so people and pets can still enjoy our unique dog-friendly property. Dogs are welcome when our dogs are in residence and have separately fenced yards. We will coordinate with you so yours get max time on the 60 acres, even if dogs don't play well together.
- Hosted Guest House (owners in residence - see yellow dates in calendar) During months when we are onsite, we offer Hosted Rentals while ensuring as much privacy or interaction as you want with both people and pets. For Hosted Rentals, guests can choose between Standard Guest House or smaller Guest Quarters configuration. Feedback from guests has been very positive for our hosted farm-stay experience since when we're in residence, we're able to offer add-on services like:
- Barn animal feeding/petting/learning interactions (included standard along with photos), plus optional llama walks or horse grooming/riding lessons. More info on our Ranch Livestock page and in many reviews.
- Catered meal delivery to your private indoor or outdoor linen-covered table, or picnic delivery to pond or view spot on the ranch.
- Romantic surprises like flowers, champagne, chocolates, massages, rose petals on the bed, etc.
- Marriage proposal assistance (e.g. a hike with your significant other to a beautiful location where your dog delivers a ring, or surprise her with a horse-drawn wagon ride).
- Horse owners can bring their own horses to the ranch.
- Private Vacation Rental (owners' side unoccupied - see light green dates in calendar) For people wanting complete privacy, select dates when we are traveling with our dogs and NOT onsite. When we are not onsite, please do NOT disturb our horses/llamas/cattle/chickens who will have daily pet sitter visits to the barn and pasture each afternoon.
- We usually travel ~2 months/year with our dogs. Upcoming dates including most of November and Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. We'll be adding more Private dates in 2019 (probably 2 weeks in spring and 6 weeks in fall).
Rental Availability Calendar
- Rates and availability are subject to change until reservation is confirmed with payment
- Changes/cancellations refundable (less $100) if more than 4 weeks before check-in
- 10% lodging tax
- # of guests include adults + children. House is not childproofed and property not ideal for young children.
- $300 refundable Security Deposit
- 2 night minimum, with longer minimums for major holidays: 4 nights for Thanksgiving and Christmas; 3 nights for MLK Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, New Years