What to BringOur vacation home is fully furnished including bed/bath linens for up to 6 registered guests, hair dryers, shampoo/soap, basic kitchen staples, and firewood. Please see Beds & Bathroom, Kitchen & Living, and Entertainment & Outdoor web pages for more detailed list of items supplied in each of these areas. See also our FAQ page when planning your getaway!
Items you may want to bring:
- Dog beds, blankets, towels, toys, leashes, bowls, food, medications, and anything else your pets may need. Tick preventative strongly recommended if you plan to hike (the deer are cute but they keep the ticks plentiful in the foothills especially in the cooler seasons). There is one crate and a couple of dog beds and bowls at the house but your dog may prefer his/her own. We do NOT allow our dogs up on furniture, so please bring dog blankets to cover it if you want to let your dogs on furniture.
- Personal items such as clothing, swimsuits and toiletries. Layered clothing recommended and extra socks since hiking can mean dust and stickers in the dry seasons. Hiking boots recommended if planning to use the trails.
- Drinks and food including condiments (the house includes some staples but don't count on specifics). Bean or ground coffee (we have burr grinder and standard filter machine including filters). Briquettes and lighter fluid if planning to use BBQ. There is a small market in Pine Grove 5 miles away for any additional items needed, and a full-sized Safeway and Raleys in Jackson (20 minute drive).
- Water toys such as floats in the summer, and snow gear in the winter if going to the mountains. Additional games, books, DVDs, music or whatever you enjoy when relaxing (though we also have an assortment at the house).
- Camera, laptop, sunscreen, bug spray, and a first aid kit are always good to have on hand. Please send us photos if you would like to be included in our visitor gallery!