Dining & EntertainmentHours and dog policies frequently change with these small businesses so please check before visiting and let us know if any changes so we can update these listings. You'll find a lot of authentic Italian dining since the area had a lot of Italian settlers -- enjoy!
Pine Grove / Volcano Dining (5-8 miles)
- 88 Giant Burgers lunch/dinner everyday with outside patio for dogs
- Giannini's Italian Dinners family-style dining Thurs - Sun (209) 296-7222
- Blue Moon Cafe and catering
- Las Minas Mexican Restaurant with to-go available (209) 296-6400
- Pine Grove Pizza to take back to the ranch (19724 State Highway 88, Pine Grove, 209-296-8555)
- Star Pizza next to the old pharmacy has an outdoor table so can bring the dogs (19892 State Highway 88, Pine Grove, 209-296-6988)
- Volcano Union Pub serves Thurs - Mon on their dog-friendly outdoor patio in Volcano (8 miles). The shaded patio is quite popular so reservations recommended.
- St. George historic hotel and restaurant in Volcano (8 miles)
Jackson / Martell Dining (7-11 miles)
- Jackson Rancheria (7 miles) has a steak restaurant (Lone Wolf), Asian/Californian grills, bakery cafe, and buffet.
- Most fast food chains can be found on Hwy 88 or Hwy 49 and some have outside eating to include pets: including Dickey's BBQ near Safeway, Subway, McDonalds, Burger King, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Taco Bell, Round Table Pizza, Mountain Mike's Pizza, Baskin Robbins, Denny's.
- Starbucks: one near Safeway and one near Raleys.
- Mel & Faye’s Diner. Great burgers! Nice patio dining with dogs allowed outside.
- Highway House Restaurant & Bar. Popular place (previously called Thomi's) near Raleys with outside tables for Fido
- Brew pub: Brickhouse Brewery in downtown Jackson. Great burgers and craft beer from Amador Brewing Company.
- Cafes: Rosebud's Cafe (locally grown food!), Main Street Cafe, Cafe de Coco, Cafe Max
- Italian: Teresa's, Strings, and others
- Mexican: Jose's Mexican Food, El Torero Mexican Restaurant
- Asian: Oko Sushi, Golden Wok, Thai Siam, Lee's Chinese, and more
- Stanley's Steakhouse in the National Hotel
Sutter Creek (12 miles) and beyond: here are some of our favorite dining options beyond Jackson:
- Hotel Sutter Restaurant 7 days/week lunch & dinner including nice balcony
- Imperial Hotel saloon and restaurant in Amador City (17 miles) serves Tues-Sun with a beautiful outdoor patio where dogs are welcomed
- Andrae's Bakery and Cheese Shop in Amador City (17 miles) welcomes dogs and makes sandwiches on their fresh breads
- Amador Brewing Company in Plymouth (20 miles) allows dogs on outdoor patio to encourage people to take time enjoying their craft beer Fri - Sun.
- Amador Vintage Market in Plymouth (21 miles) is dog friendly and makes wonderful picnic lunches to enjoy in the next door dog-friendly park. A perfect break between Shenandoah Valley wine tasting stops
- Taste Restaurant one of the most upscale Amador restaurants, in Plymouth (21 miles)
Groceries including deli at small Pine Grove Market (5 miles), full-sized Raleys (9 miles) and Safeway (11 miles).
Farmers Markets(summers June-October)
- Saturdays 9-noon, Sutter Creek in Eureka St Parking Lot
- Sundays 9-noon, Jackson in Busi Municipal Parking Lot (near Mel & Faye's)
- Wednesdays 3pm – 6pm, Pine Grove Community Park
Live Music Country towns bring performers up-close-and-personal with many including outdoor venues during warm summer nights.
- Jackson Rancheria (8 miles) see their events calendar
- Scofield’s Cowboy Campfire (27 miles) dinner and old west music in Fiddletown
- Preston Castle (21 miles) Concerts, murder mystery dinner, castle tours, haunted Halloween, and more
- Helwig Winery (25 miles) hosts concerts and evening events in its outdoor pavilion
- Ironstone Vineyards (43 miles) with a large outdoor amphitheater for their summer concert season
- Amador Arts Summer Music Series Various locations in Amador County
- Volcano Theater Company (8 miles) new shows almost every month typically Fri-Sun
- Main Street Theater Works (10 miles) Productions at Kennedy Mine Amphitheater in Jackson on Fridays and Saturdays
- Murphys Creek Theatre (42 miles) a.k.a. Black Bart Playhouse has classic live plays
- Sierra Rep (50 miles) in Columbia
Video Rental (plus Netflix in our home):
- Video Rainbow Hwy 88, Pine Grove 209-296-4200
- Jackson Indian Casino (8 miles) offers 7 days per week, 24 hours a day action. Slot machines, bingo, blackjack, and other card games are available. There is a game arcade for the kids.