Dining & EntertainmentHours and dog policies frequently change with these small businesses so please check before visiting and let us know if any changes so we can update these listings. You'll find a lot of authentic Italian dining since the area had a lot of Italian settlers -- enjoy!
Pine Grove / Volcano Dining (5-8 miles)
- Volcano Union Pub serves Thurs - Mon on their dog-friendly outdoor patio in Volcano (8 miles). The shaded patio is quite popular so reservations recommended.
- 88 Giant Burgers lunch/dinner everyday with outside patio for dogs
- Giannini's Italian Dinners family-style dining Thurs - Sun (209) 296-7222
- Las Minas Mexican Restaurant with to-go available (209) 296-6400
- Pine Grove Pizza to take back to the ranch (19724 State Highway 88, Pine Grove, 209-296-8555)
- Star Pizza next to the old pharmacy has an outdoor table so can bring the dogs (19892 State Highway 88, Pine Grove, 209-296-6988)
- Blue Moon Cafe and catering
- St. George historic hotel and restaurant in Volcano (8 miles)
Jackson / Martell Dining (7-11 miles)
- Mel & Faye’s Diner. Great burgers! Nice patio dining with dogs allowed outside.
- Highway House Restaurant & Bar. Popular place (previously called Thomi's) near Raleys with outside tables for Fido
- Brickhouse Brews is our favorite brew pub in downtown Jackson. Great burgers and craft beer from Amador Brewing Company.
- Jackson Rancheria (7 miles) has a steak restaurant (Lone Wolf), Asian/Californian grills, bakery cafe, and buffet.
- Most fast food chains can be found on Hwy 88 or Hwy 49 and some have outside eating to include pets: including Dickey's BBQ near Safeway, Subway, McDonalds, Burger King, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Taco Bell, Round Table Pizza, Mountain Mike's Pizza, Baskin Robbins, Denny's.
- Starbucks: one near Safeway and one near Raleys.
- Cafes: Rosebud's Cafe (locally grown food!), Main Street Cafe, Cafe de Coco, Cafe Max
- Italian: Teresa's, Strings, and others
- Mexican: Jose's Mexican Food, El Torero Mexican Restaurant
- Asian: Oko Sushi, Golden Wok, Thai Siam, Lee's Chinese, and more
- Stanley's Steakhouse in the National Hotel
Sutter Creek (12 miles) and beyond: here are some of our favorite dining options beyond Jackson:
- Imperial Hotel saloon and restaurant in Amador City (17 miles) serves Tues-Sun with a beautiful outdoor patio where dogs are welcomed
- Andrae's Bakery and Cheese Shop in Amador City (17 miles) welcomes dogs and makes sandwiches on their fresh breads
- Amador Brewing Company in Plymouth (20 miles) allows dogs on outdoor patio to encourage people to take time enjoying their craft beer Fri - Sun.
- Amador Vintage Market in Plymouth (21 miles) is dog friendly and makes wonderful picnic lunches to enjoy in the next door dog-friendly park. A perfect break between Shenandoah Valley wine tasting stops
- Taste Restaurant one of the most upscale Amador restaurants for 5-star dining, in Plymouth (21 miles)
- Hotel Sutter Restaurant in Sutter Creek (12 miles) 7 days/week lunch & dinner including nice balcony
- Mountain Grille at Mace Meadows Upcountry dining in Pioneer (14 miles) at the golf cours
Groceries including deli at small Pine Grove Market (5 miles), full-sized Raleys (9 miles) and Safeway (11 miles).
Swingle's Meats. People drive great distances to buy the delicious marinated meats from our local butcher just off Hwy 88 on your way to the Ranch. Highly recommended for those planning to BBQ.
Farmers Markets (summers June-October)
- Saturdays 9-noon, Sutter Creek in Eureka St Parking Lot
- Sundays 9-noon, Jackson in Busi Municipal Parking Lot (near Mel & Faye's)
- Wednesdays 3pm – 6pm, Pine Grove Community Park
Live Music Country towns bring performers up-close-and-personal with many including outdoor venues during warm summer nights.
- Jackson Rancheria (8 miles) see their events calendar
- Scofield’s Cowboy Campfire (27 miles) dinner and old west music in Fiddletown
- Preston Castle (21 miles) Concerts, murder mystery dinner, castle tours, haunted Halloween, and more
- Helwig Winery (25 miles) hosts concerts and evening events in its outdoor pavilion
- Ironstone Vineyards (43 miles) with a large outdoor amphitheater for their summer concert season
- Amador Arts Summer Music Series Various locations in Amador County
Theater Productions Small town charm in local performances with inside and outside stages.
- Volcano Theater Company (8 miles) new shows almost every month typically Fri-Sun
- Main Street Theater Works (10 miles) Productions at Kennedy Mine Amphitheater in Jackson on Fridays and Saturdays
- Murphys Creek Theatre (42 miles) a.k.a. Black Bart Playhouse has classic live plays
- Sierra Rep (50 miles) in Columbia
Video Rental (plus Netflix in our home):
- Video Rainbow Hwy 88, Pine Grove 209-296-4200
- Jackson Indian Casino (8 miles) offers 7 days per week, 24 hours a day action. Slot machines, bingo, blackjack, and other card games are available. There is a game arcade for the kids.